Scrolling through panorama JPEGs?

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jul 15 07:52:00 EDT 2003

I've generated some panorama JPEGs using a mode on my Powershot S45.  These
are JPEGs that are some 1024 pixels high and several thousand pixels
long.  There's an example at
http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/guzdial/uploads/37/panoramaFromAcropolis2.jpg

Has anyone built anything in Revolution for showing these kinds of
shots?  I can imagine a couple of different ways I'd like to show such
pictures:
- Display a slideful of the image in an image viewer, with a horizontal
scrollbar for allowing the user to scroll through the length.
- Display a segment of the image and dynamically move the view along the
image in a path scripted by me (ala Ken Burns' documentary style).

Any suggestions?
   Thanks!
    Mark

______
Mark Guzdial, Associate Professor, College of Computing/GVU
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~mark.guzdial/
Collaborative Software Lab http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl