About MC/RR applications servers

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sat Jul 12 20:30:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, July 12, 2003, at 06:40  PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Did you ever ask you about the difference it makes to use real
> application server instead of just including sql replies in web forms ?

Since you asked, I've been writing web applications since 1995. I know
relational databases. I know PostgreSQL. I worked for an Internet
Service Provider for several years. I've deployed web applications on
Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD and MacOS X. I have a very good understand of
the design of web application design including the areas of shell
scripting, CGI, Apache modules, and tcp/ip server processes.

However, I'm not interested in reading the Metacard archive searching
for your posts.

You clearly have some kind of client-server design out that satisfies
you and your clients. Good for you.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com