Saving stack with a large number of cds

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Jul 10 02:20:03 EDT 2003

As noted by Edwin, this is a consequence of the way Revolution handles
stacks (loading them entirely into memory). Consider storing the data
externally and reading it in. On a machine like that the data could be
as much as 50MB or more and probably you could still read it into an
array and reference it into a 1-card stack. It would be much faster
that way.

On the Application Browser, take a look at revNavigator (shareware I
wrote) it does many of the same things, and allows you to limit the
number of cards to be displayed while still displaying whichever card
you're on.