clipboardData & PNG & JPG

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jul 2 14:16:00 EDT 2003

>I wonder if changing the imageCompression property
>will help with clipboard
>activities....

Do you mean paintCompression? I haven't played with it, but looking at the docs, it *seems* like you could do something like paste an image into a stack, change the paintCompression to "jpeg" , make some minor change to the image through scripting the paint tools, then switch to another card, return, and the image will be re-compressed as a jpeg.

The main thing that worries me here is that quality might go down, since it seems it's being encoded as either a PNG or an RLE when it's initally pasted in, and the re-compressed as a JPEG.

The idea does have possibilities though...