Speech synthesis on Windows

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Jul 1 22:34:00 EDT 2003

Hi Barry,

I'm pretty sure there isn't a ubiquitous solution for Speech on Windowsv via
RunRev. I checked around last night and found out they're shipping the SAPI
5.1 now with new WinXP, and RunRev Speech doesn't work with SAPI 5.1. In
fact, it's a bit confusing even trying to find out what version of SAPI is
running on WinXP.

I think RR will need to update the Speech libraries for Windows users.

--Chipp