Some basic questions about fld tables

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 1 10:43:01 EDT 2003

François Cuneo wrote:

> I have problems with Fields like Table.
> How is it possible to put text into cell 1/3 (row 1 col 3)
> How is it possible to read something in a cell (the same by example)?
> How is it possible to say "put "taratata" into the first row empty in the
> table"?
> If you have one answer to all these questions or only to one, you are
> welcome!

Multi-column fields are like any other field, just with the hGrid and vGrid
properties set.  When cGrid is st on a field that contains tabs, text is
drawn clipped to the boundaries of the tabStops.

Rows are delimited by returns, columns by tabs.  You can set the itemdel to
tab and use chunk expressions like:

   put "SomeValue" into item 2 of line 3

--
 Richard Gaskin