card names

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 06:32:00 EDT 2003

--- Nicholas Thieberger wrote:
> It appears that card names cannot be digits but must
> include an
> alphabetic character, is that right? I have to name
> cards according
> to external filenames which can be entirely numeric,
> and when I try
> go cd NAME or go cd "NAME" it doesn't work, but go
> cd NAMEa does work
> (if I rename the card).
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

The reason why you can't use all digits, is that when
you refer to card n, where n is a number, it thinks
you want card _number_ n (ie the n-th card), not card
_named_ n.
Quoting the number won't do the trick because the
engine interprets the parameter, sees it's a number
and tries to be helpful.
So put a "c" in front of the number, and you won't
have a problem.

Hope this cleared it up,

Jan Schenkel.

=====