Changing properties won't work

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Jul 1 02:53:00 EDT 2003

Hello Jan,

> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:23:46 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jan Schenkel <janschenkel at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Changing properties won't work

> Since you can add new things, I don't think the
> cantModify of the stack is true. A few questions :
> - can you make the changes via the message box ?
----------
Yes.
----------
> - does it happen in all stcks or just that one ?
----------
I tried another stack and it was OK. Once I went back after closing without
saving and I made a new field, then reworked the text. This time it stuck
OK.
----------
> - does it happen if you open another inspector ?
----------
Well, I thought it was, but it turned out as I was trying to do something
with a graphic border according to the tip in the colors section of the PI
that isn't correct for Macs. Took some serious digging to get at the
problem.
----------
> (RunRev re-uses older inspector palettes that are
> still in memory, so opening a second one will clone a
> fresh palette)
I think that was the problem. I was getting some error boxes and didn't
clear them, so there may have been something els there.
> - if all of the above warrants it, have you tried
> reinstalling RunRev ?
No need , I think.

Thanks so much,
Ken N.