[Announce] Rev Navigator is now available.

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jan 31 06:34:12 EST 2003

Rev Navigator is now available at
<http://www.inspiredlogic.com/navigator>

Navigator is a plugin I developed to make it easier to work with
controls, properties, and scripts in Revolution. There's too much to
list in an email, but briefly:

  -- Navigator displays lists of Revolution objects: stacks, cards,
groups, and controls.
  -- The list can show the controls on the current card of the topStack,
or of any card or group of any stack.
  -- You can bookmark references to any controls, and color-code the
references. You can mix and match bookmarks any way you like.
  -- Navigator allows you to edit scripts, set properties or run code
against any list of objects. For example, you could select controls
from several different stacks and set the visible of all the controls
to false with one command.
  -- Navigator makes it easy to work with controls that aren't normally
accessible: controls in groups, hidden controls, controls on hidden
stacks, controls that are in different places, controls that are in
palettes or non-modal stacks.
  -- Navigator allows you to do things you wouldn't ordinarily be able
to do: align controls that are on different cards, for example.
  -- Navigator makes you a faster developer: edit the scripts of
controls on different cards quickly and easily; change any property
with a single menu selection rather than using a palette; go to the
handler you want to edit in a long script with a single command.

Finally, I should mention that Navigator is, as far as I know, the only
Revolution plugin that supports plugins of its own ;-) Text files with
executable Transcript can be used within the Navigator plugin.

This is a beta release. Navigator should work on all platforms, with
Revolution 1.1.1 and 2.0. If you have any problems, let me know.

<http://www.inspiredlogic.com/navigator>

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com