Printing Docs

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Jan 30 17:17:01 EST 2003

>Other people have reported problems when printing, but
>these were nearly always resolved by upgrading the
>printer drivers. Let's hope RunRev 2.0 fies some of
>these problems.

I am running into this problem (again) with an app I'm readying for
release. There appear to be serious problems with Rev printing, not just
from the TD. I've had my app tested on 5 different printers under XP and
none of them print. They all have the most current drivers.

I ran into this problem with the release of my last app and just barely
limped by with an acceptable release.

Printing is such a core element of an application I'm honestly a bit
appalled that RunRev hasn't addressed this issue before. If printing
isn't fixed in 2.0 and if 2.0 isn't released (at least in a form that I
can rebuild my app with the new printing routines) VERY soon, I am
screwed big time.

Once 2.0 is released, I want to encourage RunRev to spend the next 6
months releasing bug fixes rather than new features. We've put up with a
lot of problems with V1.1.1 and had to manage with, in my mind, an
unacceptable amount of work-arounds because bug fix releases were not
forthcoming.

OK, the big push to get lots of new stuff in 2.0 is almost done, but I'll
guarantee that it will also include a lot of bugs. Next, we'll need to
get those bugs fixed as soon as possible. It should be the primary
priority.

Otherwise, I can't continue to use Rev and a development environment. The
bottom line is I can't release products that don't work and if they don't
work because the development environment is broken, there's nothing I can
do except leave Rev for something that does work.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein