Maximum printable area on a page

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 06:36:00 EST 2003

I know how to find out the page size and the margins of a page when
preparing to print from a Revolution stack (via global properties),
but I haven't seen anything that allows a script to determine the
printable area on the page - this would normally be expressed as the
minimum margins a print command can use to avoid cropping. This data
certainly available as part of the API of all modern printer drivers
on both the Mac and Windows.

Is there a way of doing this I've missed, or if not, what approach
have other people taken to allowing users to set margins within
reasonable limits?

TIA

Graham