File/folder list with icons?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 29 13:59:01 EST 2003

Robert Arnold wrote:

> I'm working on a simple OSX tool to compare and update the contents of two
> folders. Is it possible to display a list of files and folders in a Rev list
> field, with their itsy-bitsy Finder icons? Right now I am distinguishing
> between files and folders simply by placing the "/" character before folder
> names. I imagine that I could use a font such as Wingdings to fake it in
> this manner too, but I would prefer to use the actual app-specific finder
> icons if possible (or if within my reach).

It would require a platform-specific external to display the Mac Finder
icons, but you could use generic folder and file icons as in Fetch, Graphic
Converter, and others by simply including the images in your stack and then
adding a character ("say, "f" for "File" and "d" for "Directory") and a tab
before each line in your list, then walking through the list setting the
imageSource of the character to match the ID of the appropriate icon image.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation