Link to file

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Jan 29 10:39:01 EST 2003

I am trying to go back over an old stack, written in the days before
I knew better, and use relative paths (that is the path relative to
the current stack filename) to locate images rather than the full
path.

But I am unable to delete the contents of  "Link to file" field in
the image tab of the properties palate. (It can be deleted but it
comes right back--spooky.)  This is where the absolute path is
located. The best I can  do is paste the name of the image into the
"Link to file" field.  This works after running the script:

   set the itemdelimiter to "/"
   set the defaultfolder to item 1 to -2 of the filename of this stack
--deletes the last item of the filename.

But I would now like to delete the "Link to file" field in the image
tab of the properties palate. Does this window display in image
property? If so what is it called? I want to set it to "empty".

Jim