Interfacing with Parallel Port

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jan 27 02:29:26 EST 2003

On Sunday, January 26, 2003, at 04:24 PM, Naresh R wrote:

> I am new to this software.  My question is, can Revolution communicate
> with parallel port.  If so can anybody help me with this or point me
> in the right direction.

I don't know.  I'd try this:

open file "LPT1:" for binary update
open device "\\.\lpt1" for binary update

And various combinations.  These will open, I think.  Be sure and close
after each successful open.

Maybe you can send characters that way.  Maybe that is enough to
control a few output lines.

If you want to read and write all arbitrary wires, then you need a
special driver to do that.  I have seen some port I/O drivers that look
like simple byte streams so you can open them like this in lots of
programming languages.  In Revolution?  I don't know, but would like to
know.

Let us know how it works out.

Dar Scott