doMenu limitations/ technique

livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 10:19:01 EST 2003

In the Transcript Dictionary, there is an entry for 'doMenu' which executes menu commands - something I'd like to do. However there is a caveat: "The doMenu command is not implemented for all menu items." What does this mean? How does the engine know which items are being called for, anyway? If indeed this command doesn't work in full, I suppose one is left with scripting

  send "MenuPick Quit" to btn "File" of cd "myMenus"... or

  set the menuHistory of btn "File" of cd "myMenus" to gFileQuitItemNumber

  where gFileQuitItemNumber is an integer representing the place of "Quit" in the file menu...  or something like that. Can someone who has already scripted this suggest the tidiest solution?

TIA

Graham