Saving User-Entered Text

Klaus Major klausimausi at mac.com
Wed Jan 22 10:07:01 EST 2003

Hi Valetia,

> Hey Klaus,
>
>> You could passwort-protect your stack so it can not be read when
>> opened in
>> some kind of editor, but when opened in RR, except the scripts...
>
> Is there a way to prevent RR from being able to open a
> password-protected
> stack?

Unfortunately not.
But you can ask for the password on openstack, which is not really
safe...

But you cannot see and edit the scripts and cannot copy objects...
And you can delete object and save afterwards... Big fun...

>> Since serious hackers are rare (compared to "normal" users) so just
>> base64
>> encoding the text-file might prevent this for most users. But that's
>> far from
>> being really safe...
>
> Speaking of text files, where do Windows apps store their preferences
> files?

In a black hole called "Windows" ;-)

-> specialfolderpath("system")

> BTW...your "crypto_lite" stack is really fun! :-)

Fine that you liked it.

Well, my first (and prbably only) steps in cryptography ;-)

> Valetia

Regards

Klaus Major
klausimausi at mac.com