use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1036 - 13 msgs

Greg Saylor gsaylor at net-virtual.com
Tue Jan 21 03:10:01 EST 2003

Jacques,

If the server you are trying to SMB connect to is UNIX -- ftp is an easy
way to go.. If it's OS-X, it's also very easy...

If you are running Windows NT/95/98/2000/whatever, there are a multitude
of ftp servers which can be installed, as well as ones directly from MS
(depending on what OS is is)..

The problem with a independant ftp server, of course, is that you need to
depend on both systems being up and it's just another point of failure..

You might want to ask your sysadmin "how can I get ftp access to that
file server?"... ;-)

- Greg