automatic scrolling a field to the bottom when Text is entered

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jan 21 02:02:01 EST 2003

How about trapping the keyUp message (if you want to scroll as the user
types) or closeField / exitField if you just want to scroll when they
have finished. Note: if they are typing into the field you want
scrolled, it will scroll automatically when needed, indeed if they are
typing in the middle and you scroll to the end, they might get a bit
upset :-)

The actual script I use for scrolling is:

set the vScroll of field "My Field" to the number of lines in field "My
Field" \
	* the effective textHeight of field "My Field"

You have to use "effective" because the text size may only be inherited
and may not have been set.

Cheers,
Sarah