Purge and global variables

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 15 15:43:00 EST 2003

As part of a test about preOpenStack messages, I have a global
variable which I increment by 1 every time the Revolution sends
preOpenStack to my mainstack. I was surprised to find that the
incremented value survived the destruction of the stack using the
"Purge" button in the Application Overview palette. I mean, it got
set to '1' when I first ran the code, but when I purged the whole
file and reopened it, the global came up as '2'. I'm up to '5' now...
Maybe it's something to do with the presence of the Revo Development
Environment (haven't tried it with a standalone).

Is there any official word on what is supposed to happen to globals?
I kind of assumed that at the first declaration, a global would be
empty.

Graham