Window whiteout

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 09:48:01 EST 2003

>On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:10:12 -0800 Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:
>
>Recently, "Graham Samuel"  wrote:
>
>[...]

>all I get is a window with the correct title bar
>  > and an absolutely white interior with no features at all: yet the
>>  Application Overview shows that there are many graphics and indeed
>>  some images on the card, and if I click the mouse at random on the
>>  tabula rasa, the Properties Palette shows that I am clicking on
>>  various objects.
>
>I haven't used SC import in a long time, but you mention that your stack
>contains images.  One thing you might try is deleting any *image* objects in
>the Rev stack, save the stack, restart Rev, and then reopen the stack.
>Also, make sure the alwaysBuffer of your stack is true.  Let the list know
>if the resulting stack is still a problem.

Scott, thanks for your interest. I have done the following:

1. I picked a (translated) stack with one card and no images, just
fields plus one background.

2. I deleted the background (it was just a coloured panel).

3. I set the alwaysBuffer of the stack to true in a preOpenStack handler.

4. I saved, quit Revolution, restarted Revolution and reopened the
stack. I checked via the message box that alwaysBuffer was trye.

The result was almost but not quite the same. The window still shows
up totally white, but when I click at the position of any of the
fields, the writing in the field shows up.

If I use the pointer tool, I also see the handles round the field (as
expected). However if I then click on another field, the handles show
there but remain on the first field (unexpected). If I bring some
other app to the front, obscuring my Revo windows, and then return to
Revolution, we're back to the blank white window. Edit/Select All, or
Edit/Deselect All have no discernible effect.

If I use the hand tool, the border around the field shows and the
cursor flashes in the text as expected. However, the rest of the
behaviour is the same (things vanish when we leave Revo and return).

I am still foxed... but it does begin to look if this is at least in
part some kind of bug in the MacOS 9 version or Revolution. I have
tried to search the bug database (not very efficiently, I imagine)
but haven't come up with anything.

Help still needed!

Graham