Window whiteout

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jan 10 17:15:00 EST 2003

Recently, "Graham Samuel"  wrote:

> Folks, I am completely foxed by the following problem. I can't find
> anything doing the Google searches or in the Revo documentation. So
> apologies if this is a well-known issue which I have missed.
>
> I've imported some stacks from SuperCard using the tools provided by
> the Revolution folks (of course these stacks were windows in
> SuperCard). One of these stacks (containing just one card) has been
> successfully imported with all its graphics - that's what I thought
> would happen for all my stacks and cards. However, now if I open any
> other translated stack and show say the first card (doesn't **have**
> to be the first), all I get is a window with the correct title bar
> and an absolutely white interior with no features at all: yet the
> Application Overview shows that there are many graphics and indeed
> some images on the card, and if I click the mouse at random on the
> tabula rasa, the Properties Palette shows that I am clicking on
> various objects.

I haven't used SC import in a long time, but you mention that your stack
contains images.  One thing you might try is deleting any *image* objects in
the Rev stack, save the stack, restart Rev, and then reopen the stack.
Also, make sure the alwaysBuffer of your stack is true.  Let the list know
if the resulting stack is still a problem.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design