another crash variation

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Jan 10 20:45:01 EST 2003

>If the user has text in a field selected and presses a button that says
>"save this stack," then the stack crashes.  If no text is selected and the
>user presses the same button, then the stack does not crash, but saves
>itself.  Actually, to be truer to the script of the button, it says,
>
>set cursor to busy
>save this stack
>go card one
>
>That's it.

There seems to be something more to it, Brad.

I created a two-card stack with a field and a button on card two.  I
put your three-line script in the button and pasted text from your
eMail in the field.

The button handler gives me no problem whether or not text in the
field is selected.

The best way to find out what is happening is to run the script in
the debugger and press "Step Into" on "go card one"
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company