Opening Windows-made stack on a Mac

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jan 8 18:49:01 EST 2003

>The Mac uses file types & creator types to tell the Finder which
>application to use for which type of document file. These are not
>present on a document created in Windows, so the association is not
>made automatically. There are several ways around this:

Hi Michael,

In addition to the workarounds Sarah listed, you can use the SDB
Utilities stack distributed with Serendipity Library to compress your
stack on Windows and later expand it on a Mac.  So long as the stack
file name ends in ".rev" the creator and file type will be correctly
associated with the stack when it is expanded on a Mac OS platform.
<http://www.oenolog.com/ftp/serendipity_downloader.htm>

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company