Questions about 2.0

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Sat Jan 4 06:49:00 EST 2003

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your suggestion!

>> 1) Will there be any enhancements in the way that Revolution deals
>> with
>> LAYERING of objects and groups? Will we be able to 'send backward' and
>> 'bring forward' inside a group?
>
> Although you can't do it by the "normal" means (i.e. "set the layer of
> btn 2
> of group 1 to 1"), you CAN do it like this:
>
> lock screen
> start editing group 1
> set the layer of btn 2 to 1
> stop editing
> unlock screen
>
> This has the same effect to the user (since the screen is locked), so
> you
> might want to try that.

I have a situation where I have several groups inside a 'main' group. I
need to enable the user to import an image - for instance -  and be
able to place it at a precise layer. I've been trying to set the
'relayerGroupedControls' property to true, and then setting the layer
properties accordingly. That, however, never works. I either end up
with the image OUTSIDE the main group (if I try to put it on the top or
bottom-most layer) or inside one of the subgroups - if I choose any
other layer in between.

I will try your technique - many thanks for the suggestion!

Wouldn't all that be a lot easier if we could just have a command that
said 'send x backward' or 'bring x forward'?

Kind Regards,
--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
igor at pixelmedia.com.au