popup and background reference (OT chat)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Jan 1 12:03:05 EST 2003

On Wednesday, January 1, 2003, at 01:45 AM, David Vaughan wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jan 1, 2003, at 18:39 Australia/Sydney, Dar Scott wrote:
>
> snip
>> should take more care when I'm tired.
>
> Dar
>
> Aren't you on U.S. Mountain time or thereabouts? By my estimate (where
> 2003 arrived nearly twenty hours ago) you ought to have been into the
> new morning when your wrote this and hence
> a) even more tired
> b) not here

I decided to join you folks in 2003.

Actually, it was just 39 minutes after New Years midnight.  Oh, I see,
you mean 2003 arrived 20 hours ago for you.

OS X Mail 1.2.3 tends to hide the real headers, so I lose the feel for
time.  I found cmd-option-u, which is almost as good as the old "show
--> raw source".

I don't know why mine doesn't do the new "time zones" in in quotation
banners as yours does.

Well, I'm off to face the new year.  I hear Revolution windows are
faster and brighter even yet.

Dar Scott