Why doesn't a stack open with the UI

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Feb 22 12:54:00 EST 2003

On 2/22/03 1:03 AM, John wrote:

> Until now, I've done without an easy way to run my stack as it would as
> an application (short of doing an actual build). What am I missing?

Nothing. ;) All the things you mention do have to be accessible from the
stack you are testing. I usually set the fonts and sizes within the
stack so that hasn't been a problem for me. You'd have to add "start
using" statements to access any libraries the stack needs. So there is a
little extra work that has to happen if you want to test how the stack
will run as an application before you actually build the app. Sometimes
it is just easier to do an actual build for testing, but if you want to
test repeatedly before you do the build then the extra work is reasonable.

I've included ask/answer dialog stacks as substacks in my projects in
the past and haven't had any trouble with the distribution builder. Did
you remember to uncheck those options in the builder before you built
the distribution?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com