Why doesn't a stack open with the UI

John jburtt at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 22 02:07:01 EST 2003

Jacqueline,

You said:

>The behavior is intentional and useful. To see how your stack will run
>without the development environment, you can double-click it in the
>Finder and it will run exactly as it would if you had compiled it as an
>app.

I have found this to be not true. I rarely use this technique because
the stack does not run exactly as it would as an app. The fonts are
not correct (especially the font sizes). The ask and answer dialogs
don't work. And I would assume the other rev library stuff (internet,
geometry, animation, ect.) won't work as well. I don't add these
libraries to the stack because the application builder hangs if they
are already present in the stack.

Until now, I've done without an easy way to run my stack as it would
as an application (short of doing an actual build). What am I missing?

I would appreciate any tips you can give...  John