several printing questions

Alex Rice alrice at arcplanning.com
Wed Feb 19 17:32:01 EST 2003

Thanks for bearing with me. There are a lot of questions here.

Mac OS X 10.2.4
Windows 2000
Samsung ML-1250 laser printer

1) I print a bunch of cards using code like this
--
lock screen
open printing

2) What are the least volatile fonts for Rev on Windows? Meaning- I
want the closest correspondence between the on-screen display and the
printed output. I've discovered that "ms sans serif" apparently doesn't
exist on my printer, and "Helvetica" is rendered HUGE when printed.
Like an extra 5 em-spaces per line. (formatForPrinting is not really an
acceptable option because all of my cards are editable and they are
laid out with formatForPrinting off, with editing in mind)

3) However, I've also been experimenting with formatForPrinting and
seeing no discernible difference by using formatForPrinting.

What's wrong with this code to print? If I'm doing anything stupid or
redundantly, please let me know.
--
   lock messages
   close stack "FacilityCalculator"
   set the formatForPrinting of stack "FacilityCalculator" to true
   put the number of card "MainNavigation" of stack "FacilityCalculator"
\
       into tCardNumber
   go stack "FacilityCalculator"
   print card tCardNumber of stack "FacilityCalculator"
   close stack "FacilityCalculator"
   set the formatForPrinting of stack "FacilityCalculator" to false
   close stack kSelfStack
   set the formatForPrinting of stack kSelfStack to true
   go stack kSelfStack
   repeat with tCardNumber = 1 to the number of cards in this stack
     put value( "isActiveCard()", card tCardNumber of this stack) into
tActive
     if tActive then
       set the printCardBorders to true
       set the printScale to 0.9
       set the printRotated to true
       print card tCardNumber of this stack
     end if
   end repeat
   close printing
   close stack kSelfStack
   set the formatForPrinting of stack kSelfStack to false
   go card "Report" of stack kSelfStack
   unlock messages
--

Thanks,