unicode in pre-beta

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Mon Feb 10 16:45:00 EST 2003

Kevin,

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 06:04  AM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> Can I just confirm, these aren't unicode characters, and this problem
> existed in 1.1.1?  This is something you need to script a library
> around.

Please, clarify: if these are NOT unicode characters, how come it was
IMPOSSIBLE to access them under Rev 1.1.1? - it is not possible to type
these characters unless you are using the 'US EXTENDED' keyboard
layout, which could NOT be selected at all in Rev 1.1.1. I believed
that this keyboard enabled access to characters which are defined and
encoded under Unicode fonts, but not under ASCII - perhaps I am wrong.

If these character are not Unicode, and indeed there is a way to access
them under Rev 1.1.1, it would be wonderful if you could give us some
hints!

> This doesn't sound like it is related to unicode here - the change case
> function is designed only to work with English at this time.
> Unfortunately
> we haven't got any plans to change that in time for 2.0, this is
> something
> you can script your way around easily.

If this is such a simple matter, may I suggest that YOU then take the
time and implement it. We have waited long enough for 2.0, I am sure
that this little bit of extra time that will take you to implement this
function WITHOUT caveats will be greatly appreciated by all.

Kindest Regards,
--
Igor
igor at pixelmedia.com.au