couple of questions

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 01:44:01 EST 2003

--- Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com> wrote:
> 1) I am working on printing a report, and have
> gotten as far as copying
> a my report group to another stack, resizing the
> group and the stack to
> fit the contents, setting the formatForPrinting
> property. Ready to
> print. Printing with "print stack" works OK. Now I
> need to do
> pagination, ideally also do page numbering, and
> ideally do sizing of
> the print job to the user's printer/paper size. Does
> anyone have sample
> code they could share, or have posted in the past to
> this list, which
> shows how to do this non-trivial kind of printing.
> Especially the paper
> size and pagination?

Hi Alex,

RunRev 2.0 will have much better printing options,
especially for reports.

In the meantime, you could take a look at the
'printPaperSize', 'printMargins' , 'printGutters', and
a few more 'printXXX' properties.
Then get the height of your stack, and you should be
able to determine where the page breaks are going to
end up, and 'create' or 'clone' a field on the correct
card with the pagenumber in it.

> 2) I'm learning about colors and property
> inheritance. I just set my
> stack's backColor to white and now all my buttons
> (lots of them) are
> white too. I want grey buttons. Do I have to set the
> backColor of each
> button to grey? I can script it in the message box,
> but there must be
> an easier way. At first I was thinking this would be
> a good use for
> Profiles, now I'm not so sure. A lot of the buttons
> don't belong to a
> group that would be useful for setting the backColor
> in.

You could just put a white rectangle behind it. If you
place it in a 'background' group, it automatically
gets placed on all the cards as you create them.

Hope this helped a bit,

Jan Schenkel.

=====