Setting graphic style to Line

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 01:20:01 EST 2003

--- Jim Witte <jswitte at bloomington.in.us> wrote:
>    These observations refer to both 1.1.1 and 2.0 I
> think (I haven't
> done rigorous testing).  When I try to set the style
> of a graphic
> object to line (eg. set style of the selectedObject
> to line') I get an
> error (Expression: missing factor).
>
>    But if I create one line, then set the style of
> another object to the
> style of the first line, it disappears.  The object
> is still listed in
> the application overview (at least in 20a), but it
> won't show on the
> screen (If I set the style to something other than a
> line, it shows up;
> then if I select line again, it disappears.
>
> I tried the script mentioned before on the list:
>
> set the style of the defaultgraphic to line
> create graphic linetohost
> set the points of graphic linetohost to MyVertList
> choose browse tool
>
> but got a " missing '(' " error on the 'set the
> style..' line.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Hi Jim,

Try the following :
  set the style of graphic "Foobar" to "line"

As 'line' is a reserved word in Transcript, it's
better to surround it with quotes to avoid any
misinterpretation by the compiler.

In this case, the compiler thinks you want to set the
style of the graphic to the _content_ of line XXX of a
variable or another container, and reports an error as
itthinks you forgot the rest of the reference.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====