Corruption of stack using clone

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 23 23:30:39 EST 2003

I may have found a possible issue.

I seem to have corrupted a whole new stack using SCRIPTED cloning. I
put a button and a filed on a card of my main stack here is the code:

on mouseUp
   clone stack "61i" -- existing substack
   put it into mynewone
   set the mainStack of stack mynewone to "UnityCD" -- mainstack
   put field "newname" into mynewname -- field where new name can be
entered by me
   set the label of stack mynewone to mynewname
   set the name of stack mynewone to mynewname
end mouseUp

The "61i" is a sort of code for section 6 item 1 sub item i. So I have
"31i" and "31ii" and "42iv" etc. The problem happened again when I got
to "72" Notice there is no "i". the system is now hung and will not
quit and will not act correctly. The application browser will not show
the substack "72" and I tried after this a "72i" and it was created but
will not show up in application browser.

Maybe the "72" is too short or because it has no alpha letters or is
only a number is why it corrupted????

Anyone know...
Tom