listing files in a directory folder and subfolders and copy

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Wed Dec 3 08:33:30 EST 2003

Hi Again

Thanks for all the help.

I should have made some things clear.

In the folder eg. "C:\medical\bob-s-stuff\  there will be many folders.
Lets say they are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc.

In each of these folders there are 3 files that end in raw01.pic,
raw02.pic, raw03.pic. However, there are other files. eg  data.raw and
experiment.lse and a folder with a file merge.pic and projection.pic. The
problem is this. each of the raw0x.pic files are 150Mb, the merge file is
3x this IE 450Mb and the projection is 450Mb. I want to selectively copy
all files in all the folders that contain raw01,2,3.pic  (so I cant simply
use the .pic extension) to reduce the traffic over the network (IE 9Gb
instead of 27Gb/afternoon). Also our shared space on the network drive
fills up 3x as fast if we cant do this. I tell everyone to do this manually
or to register total commander but they dont always listen. :-)

I know rev can do this and I appreciate your help. Medical imaging has big
files.

Any pointers; PS I'm looking at the sonsofthunder page.

Cheers
Dr. Bob