cross-platform compress & decompress

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 19:17:11 EST 2003

At 4:01 pm -0800 1/12/03, Mark Brownell wrote:
>I have a system that works for me, it's plain text.
>
>This example opens on all platforms and is without cross-platform issues:

Mark, could you provide an example that doesn't work? I've never
encountered this problem, and I open a lot of compressed files
(usally stacks) across Win and Mac platforms.

Are you using e-mail to transfer the files? I've come across cases of
supposedly binary files being "converted" during e-mail transmission.

Cheers
Dave