Trapping for Cancel Answer printer

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Mon Dec 1 18:56:37 EST 2003

On Nov 30, 2003, at 12:46 PM, katir at hindu.org wrote:
> This is either a bug, where for use of  "answer printer" Rev should
> pass the result to "it" or needs more documentation if the globally
> expected engine behavior is for anything from the system to *not* be
> in "it" but be passed via the result, which is also logical. Old time
> xTalkers may take that for granted, newbies will stumble

As Ken confirmed, the solution is to check the result, not "it". I
think the docs reflect that.
As a relative new xtalker I have sometimes been confused when sometimes
"it" is called for, and sometimes "the result". Is there any general
rule to be aware of?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>