Script-Editor disappears under Suse Linux

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Sat Apr 26 14:38:02 EDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

> Aphcard at aol.com writes:
>
> > I use Revolution 2.0 Beta under Suse Linux 8.2. Every time, when I try to edit the script of an object, the window of the editor shows up, but then quickly disappears. This also happend sometimes with Revolution 1.1.1 under Suse Linux 8.1, but not every time (same with the property-editor). Currently, Im am not able to add a script to stack, button etc.. Has somebody  a solution to this problem?
> > Regards
> > Andreas
>
> Sure!  Switch to a MAc or run Windows OS.

You forgot "Switch to MetaCard", which also doesn't have this problem ;-)

Seriously, though, there are a lot of buggy window managers out there,
and RR does stress them pretty heavily and so is more likely to
trigger their buggy behavior than most other apps.  The first thing to
try is a different desktop system (i.e., if you're using KDE, switch
to Gnome, or vice versa).  If you're using an even less popular WM,
you may just have to give it up until it gets fixed.  You should file a
bug report with the people responsible for it first, though.
  Regards,
    Scott