OT: MacWorld UK doesn't honor programming tools

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 05:28:01 EDT 2003

--- Ro Nagey <ro.nagey at verizon.net> wrote:
> I just looked at MacWorld UK's list of nominees for
> their Editor's
> Choice awards. There was no category for
> programming. Does anyone else
> find this odd?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=6198

Well, it could be argued that only a few years ago,
there wasn't much in terms of solid development tools
apart from MetroWerks CodeWarrior.
The xTalk tools were dismissed as toys for various
reasons ; Apple only had the AppleScript SDK ; and
Symantec had left the market when it realised it just
couldn't compete and refocused on
utilities/anti-virus.

Now Apple has the ProjectBuilder/InterfaceBuilder ;
SuperCard got revamped ; the MetaCard-engine and
RuntimeRevolution-caboose provide a cross-platform
train ; the java tools have dramatically improved ...
So it's a different environment all together, and
maybe MacWorldUK should reconsider -- or should we
replace the 'maybe' with a 'definitely' ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====