Delay - resolved

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Apr 9 12:09:01 EDT 2003

Ken (and others who posted replies),

Yes, the trick was simply to -not- use the visual effect. Instead I
just moved the image object itself to give the appearance of a "shake";
it still grabs the user's attention which was all I required. This was
the code I used:

move image "largeLetter" to 357,220 in .2 sec
move image "largeLetter" to 357,190 in .2 sec
move image "largeLetter" to 387,190 in .2 sec
move image "largeLetter" to 387,220 in .2 sec

The other image objects that were already moving around the screen
continue to do so without a delay. Problem resolved.

Thanks very much,

Barry