Are 2.0 improvements mac specific?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 05:39:01 EDT 2003

--- Michael <mfitz53 at comcast.net> wrote:
>  I was wondering if I may have made some mistake in
> just ordering the
> SBE of RR. Someone please tell me these inhanced
> capabilities aren't
> targeted mostly toward the Mac? Text to speech,
> video recording etc..
>
> Michael Fitz

Hi Michael,

Very few of the RunRev additions are not fully
cross-platform. However, text-to-speech and video
recording are limited to MacOS and Windows.
This has to do with the limited support in the Un*x
underpinnings for these 'modern' technologies. I'm
sure if someone writes a good text-to-speech library
for Linux, the RunRev folks will do their best to hook
it up in a future release.

Hope this cleared a few things up,

Jan Schenkel.

=====