determining array lengths

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 21 16:21:01 EDT 2002

Hi Brad,

I looked into this a while ago. My solution was:

1) If the second dimension is fixed (always NN
elements), you can suffice by saying:
  put (the number of lines of the keys of tArray / NN)

2) If however NN is variable, you can get it with the
following trick:
  put the keys of tArray into tKeys
  split tKeys using return and comma
  put the number of lines of the keys of tKeys

I know it looks convoluted, but it works, even if the
second dimension varies.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

(You can find the entire thread at the URL:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-August/006786.html
)