Question about backgrounds

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sat Sep 21 09:05:01 EDT 2002

Nate,

I also started with HyperCard. I also found the differences between Rev and
HC
to be an annoyance until I got more accustomed to the differences. Rev is
definitely more powerful and versatile.

The easiest way to simulate HC backgrounds is to start with a clean new
stack.
Build all of the controls and fields that should appear on all cards.
Select all,
and group those items. Look at the properties of the group and look at the
last
tab labeled "Group". Make sure "Background Behavior" is checked. If it is
not,
this group only lives on the current card. And this is the key to working
in a
simulated HC world... Always select the group and Edit the group when you
need
to add objects to your background. This way they automatically appear on
all
of the cards.

~Roger Eller
   roger.e.eller at sealedair.com