Lag after button click

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Sat Sep 7 17:08:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, Sep 7, 2002, at 22:44 Australia/Sydney, Matt Denton wrote:

> Hey-ya David
>
> I just tested it, you need to set the doubleClickInterval to 0

Thanks Matt. I had adjusted only the System Preferences. Your
suggestion works perfectly for rapid clicking but it is a bit
disconcerting to be unable to select text any longer ;-) and, as the
Rev help says, it does not do to discombobulate the user.

So, using your information, in an app where I often flick through cards
looking at the latest status, I have added to the Prev and Next buttons
mouseEnter and mouseLeave handlers which store the current state of
doubleClickInterval in a local variable and restore the user's
preference on exit. Very successful. (I trust this answers Thomas'
original problem as well.)

regards
David