Icons on OS X

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 5 11:26:02 EDT 2002

A brain-dead but simple way to put an icon on a Mac application (X or
9) is:
1. find an icon or image you like
2. copy it to the clipboard
3. Get Info on your Rev application
4. click on the icon
5. paste the icon you want in

This does not really change the icon in the "official way", but it
looks that way to most users including the icon in the dock for OS X.

Iconographer looks to be a pretty great program which does icons for
Mac and Windows the "right way" and it is not expensive.

Bill Vlahos