get specialFolderpath(26)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Oct 17 10:04:01 EDT 2002

>To do things "properly", a commercial installer is probably the easiest way.

Hi Dave,

That's well and good if I am distributing a complete application; but
when I'm designing a database library to be used & distributed by
others, I have to provide a path to any db stack opened by the
calling stack.  So far it seems specialFolderPath is the only way to
accomplish this, and that means files must be forced into particular
(though generically addressed) locations on every platform...

and that means an installer is needed on every platform and by every
developer who uses my library.

It's not a solution I like very much; but what's the alternative?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company