desimal numbers calculation

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 07:02:01 EDT 2002

--- Esa_Kivelä <Esa.Kivela at ncrc.fi> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Some newbie question:
>
> I tried to calculate desimal numbers in RR but how
> can code some calculation.
>
> In the card I have some text filed where users put
> some numbers like 0,5, 3,4 and so on.
>
> In some field I'd like to show those fields result
> as ie. 0,5 + 3,4 and so on but that + operator in
> the script won't calculate desimal numbers.
>
> Is there any other way to sum those desimal numbers?
>

> Yours
>
> EsaK

Hi Esa,

RunRev expects numeric data to have a decimal point.
Therefore, you'll have to convert between 'display'
and 'calculation' format before and after calculation.
If you don't need thousand separators, then it's as
easy as:
  function Conv4Disp pNumber
    replace "." with "," in pNumber
    return pNumber