running command-line programs from rev

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 13 02:11:00 EDT 2002

--- Gareth Jones <gslj at intergate.ca> wrote:
> Hello, everyone
>
> I've been reading about a command-line program that
> Apple included
> with OS X called "ditto." It has all the
> capabilities needed for a
> nice backup program. Revolution, on the other hand,
> has all the GUI
> needed to make a nice front end for it. Is there
> some way to send a
> command from Revolution to a command-line program
> like ditto?
>
> -Gareth Jones

Hi Gareth,

Check out the 'shell' function in the Transcript
dictionary. This allows you to send command line
instructions. Example:
  get shell("ls -l -a")
Should get you a directory listing, much like the
"list" view in the Finder, even listing the hidden
files (starting with a period).

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====