How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Fri Oct 11 13:46:00 EDT 2002

>Jim Biancolo wrote:
>
>  I agree that an embedded rendering engine would be a killer feature.

Embedded or higly integrated ?

--snip--

Dan Shafer wrote :

>I see lots of opportunity out there to create apps like this that
>display rendered and interactive HTML in a pane with supplemental
>controls and an improved UI embodied in the desktop app. In fact, I
>think this represents an important direction for software development.

Agreed, however we use multiple integrated applications on a daily basis eg
spreadsheet in excel, create a graph, copy paste to word, type a few words,
picture of the web and there's your report!

There's no reason why you can't currently use rev as your "control panel"
and a browser as your "display mechanism" with the users monitor as the
"pane".

Regards

Gary Rathbone BSc MBCS
Chartered Information Systems Practitioner