Expert Systems?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 9 22:26:01 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, October 9, 2002, at 05:02  AM, Herve Proudhon wrote:

> In my experience (and in the narrow limits I described), the main
> problems are not technical but are in the validation process and the
> expertise transfer :
>    - how to extract the knowledge from experts
>    - how to structure the knowledge (choice of intermediate goals) to
> avoid exponential and completeness problems.

You make it sound so easy!

I know enough Math to know that I don't want to write my own inference
engine :-)

I am leaning towards using Revolution to provide an easy front-end to
writing rules for the CLIPS engine, which I will run as a shell
process. Once that much is working I may look at building CLIPS as a
Revolution external.

Unless anyone has open-source examples of expert systems in xtalk or
TCL?

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to