Printing in Windows

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Wed Oct 2 05:40:01 EDT 2002

On 1/10/02 5:56 pm, Derek Huby <derek.huby at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Here's a strange one...
>
> I'm developing a stack (in Rev 1.1, Windows 2000 Professional) where I need
> to be able to print cards containing text fields. Now, at first I was
> dismayed to find that text didn't print properly - it wasn't wrapping
> properly at the right-hand edge of the fields. I checked out the docs, and
> soon discovered the formatForPrinting property. Joy! All I had to do was set
> this property to true for a stack during printing, and I got crisp, clear
> print outs with properly wrapped text.
>
> All seemed to be well. However, the occasional card would't print properly -
> strange 'line breaks' in fields would appear every now and again. I've now
> narrowed it down to the following recipe:
>
> When formatForPrinting = true, a field will print correctly EXCEPT where it
> contains an upper case 'G'. Any word containing 'G' causes the text to
> 'misflow' - the next word will be on the next line.
>
> For example, "Getting married in Gretna Green" will look like this:
>
> --
> Getting
> Married in Gretna
> Green
> --
>
> (Told you it was strange.)
>
> I'm probably doing something incredibly stupid, but any suggestions would be
> helpful!

Try upgrading the printer drivers to the latest version.  If this is still
happening reliably, please send a report to support at runrev.com together with
a stack, and all details about your system and printer.

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.