Anyone know how to set to use DHCP with Revolution?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Oct 1 17:11:00 EDT 2002

Well,

I don't know how to set the DHCP, but here's some AppleScript code that will
*get* the configuration method using the Network Setup scripting addition...
perhaps you can use this as a start:

----------------------
set configMethod to ""
set configName to ""
set cfg to ""

tell application "Network Setup Scripting"
  open database
  set config to current configuration set
  repeat with i from 1 to count of configuration of config
    if (class of configuration i of config) is (TCPIP v4 configuration) then
      set cfg to configuration i of config
      set configName to name of config  -- so you can check the name to see
if it's the right one
      exit repeat
    end if
  end repeat
  set configMethod to configuration method of cfg
  close database

  -- Now, show it in the results window
  get "Config name: " & configName & ", Method: " & configMethod
end tell
------------------------
When I ran this on my Mac, I got:

    Config name: My Network Settings, Method: manual

(which is all correct, BTW).

Note that this stops as soon as it hits a TCPIP configuration method (and
you may have many defined in the TCP/IP control panel), so you may need to
check "configName" to see if it is the right one before going on. Also, keep
in mind that configurations can be locked (I don't know how to get around
that at the moment)...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com